Indice del forum

Bossk Forum

PortalPortale  blogBlog  AlbumAlbum  Gruppi utentiGruppi utenti  Lista degli utentiLista degli utenti  GBGuestbook  Pannello UtentePannello Utente  RegistratiRegistrati 
 FlashChatFlashChat  FAQFAQ  CercaCerca  Messaggi PrivatiMessaggi Privati  StatisticheStatistiche  LinksLinks  LoginLogin 
 CalendarioCalendario  DownloadsDownloads  Commenti karmaCommenti karma  TopListTopList  Topics recentiTopics recenti  Vota ForumVota Forum

just a bit of extra cushion
Utenti che stanno guardando questo topic:0 Registrati,0 Nascosti e 0 Ospiti
Utenti registrati: Nessuno

Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> God Bless America
PrecedenteInvia Email a un amico.Utenti che hanno visualizzato questo argomentoSalva questo topic come file txtVersione stampabileMessaggi PrivatiSuccessivo
Autore Messaggio
Labi1995

Etŗ: 25

uk
MessaggioInviato: Lun Giu 11, 2018 8:00 am    Oggetto:  just a bit of extra cushion
Descrizione:

One of the things Iíve realized over the past few years is that though I personally lean toward more minimal running shoes (a shoe like the Saucony Kinvara hits my sweet spot),
Solo gli utenti registrati possono vedere i link!
Registrati o Entra nel forum!
readers of this site have a wide variety of preferences when it comes to what they put on their feet. Coupled with this is the fact that my wife has had a long stretch of relatively injury free running after moving into a combo of maximally cushioned Hokas (first Bondi 2, now Kailua Tarmac) and wide, cushioned Altras (Torin and Intuition 2.0). All of this supports
my footwear philosophy, which is basically that people are different and have different needs, and that what works best for me may not work best for someone else. I do best in minimalish shoes (but run in just about everything), my wife seems to do better in something with a fair amount of cushion.
Lately Iíve been getting some great feedback when I post on shoes that I have not typically covered in the past (e.g., a traditional neutral shoe like the Nike Pegasus 31).
Itís made me realize that part of my audience is not being attended to when I focus only on the minimal end of the spectrum. As a result, Iíve diversified my mix of review shoes, and have started running in things that are considerably more cushioned than I might choose if I werenít a shoe reviewer (though you wonít likely see me in a Brooks Beast anytime soon!).

Despite the increasing diversity of shoes in my queue, I have only run once in a HOKA running shoe. HOKAs are the archetypal ďmaximalĒ running shoe brand, and they have grown considerably in popularity both in the running community and on the feet of my spouse. My one run was in a pair of the original Mafate (I think) and though I did not dislike them, they were way more
shoe than I need or prefer. Iíve tried on a few other pairs and never found the fit to be quite right.
Last
week I received a pair of the HOKA Clifton, and though I havenít run in them yet, Iím impressed by the fit and the incredibly light weight (under 8oz) for a shoe with as much cushion as the Clifton stuffs into its sole (stack: 29mm heel, 24mm forefoot). Theyíre basically like a Kinvara with just a bit of extra cushion (and they are similar in weight). Iím
looking forward to putting some miles on them in the coming weeks Ė stay tuned! (a giveaway for a pair of Cliftons is coming as well)HOKA has been releasing a bunch of new models lately, and the trend has been toward lighter, lower profile models that still retain a lot of cushion (like the aforementioned Clifton and the Huaka). Yesterday I received a press release from
my PR contact at HOKA, and thought Iíd share the info provided on five new models set to be released for
Spring 2015 Ė the trend toward lighter shoes seems to be continuing. The only details I have are what was provided in the press release, so not much info on drop, stack heights, etc. yet).
Torna in cima
Profilo Messaggio privato
Adv

MessaggioInviato: Lun Giu 11, 2018 8:00 am    Oggetto: Adv

Torna in cima
Mostra prima i messaggi di:   
Nuovo Topic   Rispondi    Indice del forum -> God Bless America Tutti i fusi orari sono GMT + 1 ora
Pagina 1 di 1

Vai a: